Friday, July 22, 2011

TGIF (3)


TGIF is hosted by Ginger at GReads! Check it out and post your link!
 This Friday's question:
Bookshelf Tour: Where do you keep your books at home? Are they organized?
It took 12 photos to capture all of my shelves!
I organize them by the last name of the author, and they start at the shelves to the left of my door and wrap around my room. All the books that are face down I haven't read yet.  
All the blue shelves my Dad and I made together. We still make new shelves for my room and cram them in every six months when I run out of room.
There is a reason to why they are blue. I'm a bit of an artist, if you saw what was under all the shelves at the top of the room you would say something along the lines of "Damn, you paint a lot! You barely have any wall space left!", and one of my creations is a bulletin board that's blue with splattered white paint. I found a similar shade of blue, got wood, sanded, painted, and put up my new shelves. I had to add the lights under the shelves. They wrap around the entire room under the shelves.

In one of the photos you can see the top of the blue bulletin board.
Enough about the board, more about the books.

I'm going to count how many my books I have....
Unless I have miscounted (which is always possible) I have 416 books!
409 on the shelves.
2 being borrowed.
4 on my desk.
1 on my bed.
With a total of 416!
I'm more than halfway there!
Under the first huge line of blue shelving there stand my tallest bookcase. The top three shelves are devoted to movies, music, files, and many journals. The last two shelves are my next books.



I can't fit shelves above my window, so I have a bookcase under it. My bed is next to it, and I used to have a nightstand, but now I use the top of the bookcase.
Next I have more blue shelves! These are above my bed. After I first got them I kept imagining the bookshelves falling on my head and my books would kill me. They are sturdy and have not killed me yet.
After those blue shelves there are more blue shelves! It's a corner shelf on the other side of the door. This marks the end of my books!

1 comment: