Wednesday, August 31, 2011

"Waiting on" Wednesday: A Million Suns


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Here is my pick of the week!
Title: A Million Suns (Across the Universe #2)
Author: Beth Revis
Release Date: 10 Jan. 2011
Publisher: Razorbill
Pages: 400

Synopsis from Goodreads

When Elder learns harrowing news about the space ship Godspeed, he and Amy must work together to unlock a puzzle that was set in motion hundreds of years earlier, all the while dealing with the romance that’s growing between them and the chaos that threatens to tear them apart. It all boils down to one mind-bending conclusion: They have to get off this ship.

I recently read Across the Universe and, even though I don't usually enjoy sci-fi, I absolutely loved it! The story was incredible, the chracters amazing, and everything else about it had me completely hooked. So now I am impatiantly waiting for the second book. I can't wait to see where the story will go next.

What's your pick of the week? Leave a link and I'll check it out!

9 comments:

  1. Interesting cover! I don't read a lot of sci-fi, either, but I may give this one a try.
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG OMG OMG!!!! I didnt know that Across the Universe even had a sequel, but now that I know Im excited. New Follower!

    <a href="http://beckonedbybooks.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-bloodrose-and.html>My WoW</a>

    ReplyDelete
  3. that didnt come out right sooo, here's the site
    http://beckonedbybooks.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-bloodrose-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE Amy and Elder (or i guess he's Eldest now?) lol

    Our WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know there would be a sequel. I kinda wish it was a stand alone but I will pick this one up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick! I'm looking forward to reading this series! New follower!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please, let him stay Elder; Eldest sounds...old. I only hope for more romance and not more mating scenes. O_O Can you imagine if that happened here, we hiding indoors because of Mating Season? Hahahaa



    - Mary [Anxirium]

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cover of this one and after I read Across the Universe, I'm sure I'll be wanting this one too. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am totally waiting on this one too.

    ReplyDelete