Tuesday, October 11, 2011

5 Faerie and 5 Ghost Books

The list of my 5 favorite books about faeries in no particular order...

Wings by E.D. Baker.
I read and loved this book quite a while ago. I then shared it with my little cousin who will only read faerie books. It was her starting book and she adored it, and read so many faerie books in the next year. I'm so glad I came across this book.

Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr.
It's been so many years since I first read this book, but I still love it and all the books that come after it. There is Ink Exchange, Fragile Eternity, Radiant Shadows, and Darkest Mercy.

The Iron King by Julie Kagawa.
I read The Iron King the month before it came out, and it was my first ARC. I still have the ebook on my computer. It's grown so much since then, and I'm happy to call myself a fan of the series.
Need by Carrie Jones.
I guess I read all my faerie books a long time ago, because I read this book when it first came out, too. After Need came Captivate and Entice.

Lament by Maggie Stiefvater.
Alright, Maggie is such a wonderful author! I love ALL of her books. This is anotehr faerie book I got my cousin to read, and she even showed her brother and he loved it too! After reading Lament I couldn't stop looking for four leaf clovers. Ballad games after Lament.


The list of my 5 favorite books about ghosts in no particular order...


Beating Heart by A.M. Jenkins.
This was a lucky find. I got this book, went home, and read it. I finished it in maybe an hour. It's short, but fascinating. It's a fantastic ghost book.

The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson.
Creepy ghost book! It actually gave me a nightmare. This is no random ghost, this book is about Jack the Ripper. I love Maureen's books. They're all fantastic. I was delighted to get an ARC of this. It was my first book that was already on my list that I won an ARC of.

 
I Heart You, You Haunt Me by Lisa Schroeder.
Later this week I will have an interview with Lisa posted. Every time I went to the library for years I would grab this book and go through it. I cry every time I read from it. I have suggested it to many of my friends and about half a dozen of them have read and loved it. There's a book connected to it called Chasing Brooklyn that's also fantastic.

Being Dead by Vivian Vande Velde.
Vivian has been one of my three favorite authors since I started reading. One of her books was the first YA book I read at the age of 12. Every time I went to the library I would grab this and read my favorite short stories in it. I finally ordered my own copy of this book, and I still reread it.

A Certain Slant of Light by Laura Whitcomb.
This is another book I read when I was much younger. I guess faeries and ghosts were what I was into when I started reading. Well this book has my all time favorites ghosts. They have my heart. Love, love, love these characters and this story.






1 comment:

  1. Interesting post. I have Need, and definitely just bought it because it was on the sale rack at Borders a while back. For some reason, I have had it on my shelves for so long that I thought it was a vampire book. Oh well. I think I should read it soon!

    ReplyDelete