Thursday, October 6, 2011

Review: Heavenly

Heavenly (Heavenly, #1)Title: Heavenly
Author: Jennifer Laurens
Release Date:
Publisher: Grove Creek Publishing
Page: 296
Rate: Lovable

Synopsis from Goodreads

I met someone who changed everything. Matthias. My autistic sister's guardian angel. Honest. Inspiring. Funny. Hot. And immortal. That was the problem. What could I do? I did what any other girl would do-I fell in love with him.

Zoe's sister darts in front of cars. Her brother's a pothead. Her parents are so overwhelmed; they don't see Zoe lost in her broken life. Zoe escapes the only way she knows how: partying. Matthias, a guardian sent from Heaven, watches over Zoe's autistic sister. After Zoe is convinced he's legit, angel and lost girl come together in a love that changes destiny. But Heaven on Earth can't last forever.
My Thoughts

Angels have become popular, but most don't give me the right feeling. This was the first book I have read where the angel gives me that all consuming happiness and joy that also makes you feel guilt for not being as GOOD as them. This book, Matthias, made me feel all that even though I'm not religious in the slightest.

It's sad to see how easy it is for a family to have a massive downward spiral causing chaos all over the place, but it's wonderful to see their lives mending. I was able to compare people I know to every character. Her friend. The boys. Her parents. Her brother. Her sister. They all had very real faults.

When Zoe verbally attacked her brother I really understood her. Teenagers say things they regret. Things that don't help even though that's their only goal. I loved the way Matthias made Zoe feel. The emotions made me tingle with happiness along with her. I wanted to reach out and touch him as badly as she did. Her emotions could have seemed exaggerated, but they weren't.

This is a book I will reread and love just as much as the first time I read it. Jennifer Laurens wrote a book so relatable and wonderful that I'm almost afraid to read the next two books for fear they won't be as amazing, but I know I will, and I know I'll love them.

Here's the link to my angels giveaway.

No comments:

Post a Comment